Whether in Howard County or elsewhere throughout the State of Maryland, if you want to decide whether to settle your case or go to trial, you want to make sure your family law attorney attends all of the latest seminars where Judges and Family Law Magistrates are teaching attorneys how to try cases before them.
At SIEGELLAW, Harry Siegel is one of the attorneys who has been moderating and speaking across the State of Maryland, as the founder and long-time co-Chair of the Family Law Section of the State’s pre-eminent trial lawyer organization, the Maryland Association for Justice.
Over the past several years, Harry has moderated seminars with 6-8 circuit court judges at each seminar on a myriad of topics that an experienced family law attorney must be up to date on.
Recent seminars have included:
1. How to navigate ex parte and emergency motions through the Court system;
2. How Judges decide custody relocation cases;
3. How family law Judges want you to present your client at trial;
4. How family law Judges want you to present your case at trial, with and without expert witnesses; and
5. How Judges decide alimony cases.
When deciding on a divorce lawyer to hire, make sure your lawyer, at the very least, attends these programs. The more your attorney is on the cutting edge of family law, the better your attorney can serve you.